The YDP Programme
The Society’s Youth Development Programme (YDP) encompasses a range of activities all aimed at helping young people in the sheep sector to develop their skills, knowledge and outlook to benefit both themselves and the wider industry.
This includes sponsoring attendees at conferences, providing educational awards at four of the UK’s leading agricultural colleges, as well as supporting young breeders in a range of activities across the country.
A YDP committee meets during the year to discuss and develop new activities and coordinate members from regional club’s in developing youth activities at National Shows and Sales.
For more information on YDP activities please contact your regional YDP committee member or Ailish at the office.
|Area A – David McKerrow Jnr
DMK / DMN
07843 288 067
|Area D – Willy Davis
07779 603 143
|Area B – Duncan Mellin
07540 053 431
|Area E – David Chestnutt
07843 152 743
|Area C – Johanna Smith
07521 143 505
|Secretariat support and coordinator – Ailish Ross
Texel Sheep Society Office
email@example.com / 0247 669 6629
- To be an elected representative subcommittee to reflect the views of young Texel breeders from across the UK.
- To offer sound judgement and advice, providing recommendations to the Board.
- To assist in the promotion and participate in promoting the breed and the society to young breeders, by developing and managing the existing programme that include:
- Sponsoring young breeders and promoting the Society at the Sheep Breeders Round Table biannual event.
- Manage the Society annual Scholarship programme.
- Manage the Society annual Educational Awards.
- Organise a National Texel Youth event in conjunction with the National Biannual NSA sheep event.
- To encourage young breeders participation in the promotion of the breed at specialist sheep events and national shows.
- To be a forum to encourage eligible young breeders to consider standing for election onto the Society main board.