The YDP Programme
The Society’s Youth Development Programme (YDP) encompasses a range of activities all aimed at helping young people in the sheep sector to develop their skills, knowledge and outlook to benefit both themselves and the wider industry.
This includes sponsoring attendees at conferences, providing educational awards at four of the UK’s leading agricultural colleges, as well as supporting young breeders in a range of activities across the country.
A YDP committee meets during the year to discuss and develop new activities and coordinate members from regional club’s in developing youth activities at National Shows and Sales.
For more information on YDP activities please contact your regional YDP committee member or Ailish at the office.
Committee Map and Members will be posted once results from recent elections have come in.
- To be an elected representative subcommittee to reflect the views of young Texel breeders from across the UK.
- To offer sound judgement and advice, providing recommendations to the Board.
- To assist in the promotion and participate in promoting the breed and the society to young breeders, by developing and managing the existing programme that include:
- Sponsoring young breeders and promoting the Society at the Sheep Breeders Round Table biannual event.
- Manage the Society annual Scholarship programme.
- Manage the Society annual Educational Awards.
- Organise a National Texel Youth event in conjunction with the National Biannual NSA sheep event.
- To encourage young breeders participation in the promotion of the breed at specialist sheep events and national shows.
- To be a forum to encourage eligible young breeders to consider standing for election onto the Society main board.