Stafford Show Report & Results 2014
Rain did nothing to dampen the spirits at Staffordshire County Show when the Texels came out in force before Judge Steve Smith, Penparc.
The senior classes were dominated by Paul Johnson’s homebred ewe JTC11 00134 by Livery Predator and her progeny by Baltier Panther. The ewe, who has a Signet Index of 389 and had been Champion herself at Stafford in 2011 under Charlie Boden, won her class with two Sportsmans ewes in second and third place from Natasha and John Thomas Owen and Stewart and Jenny Talbot respectively.
Heading up the shearling ram class was Corriecravie Unleashed (Signet Index 382) with Croessffordd Ultimate Force from Natasha and John Thomas Owen in second and Corriecravie Union Pacific (Signet Index 399) third.
The gimmers were led by two more from the Corriecravie flush – JTC13 00446 (Signet Index 408) and JTC13 00447 (Signet Index 401) – which went on to be Champion and Reserve respectively. In third was a Penash bred gimmer by Penash Sundancer from Natasha and John Thomas Owen.
Paul Johnson also took the aged ram class – this time with Alwent Talent by the 18,000 guinea Allanfauld Rockafella and out of the renowned 4,400 guinea Cambwell ewe. Second to him were Natasha and John Thomas Owen with Gyrhos Thunder.
The lamb classes were led by a pair of twins from Natasha and John Thomas Owen by Gyrhos Thunder out of a ewe by the homebred Croessffordd Omnia. Second in the ram lamb class were Stewart and Jenny Talbot.
In the ewe lamb class Stewart and Jenny Talbot were second with Charles and Rebecca Holtom in third.
The Group of three was won by Paul Johnson’s group of first prize ewe, shearling ram and shearling ewe with Natasha and John Thomas Owen in second and Charles and Rebecca Holtom third.
- Paul Johnson with Alwent Talent NTA12 00424
- Natasha and John Owen Thomas with Gyrhos Thunder RUJ12 00153
- Paul Johnson with Corriecravie Unleashed JTC13 00448
- Natasha and John Owen Thomas with Croessffordd Ultimate Force
- Paul Johnson with Corriecravie Union Pacific JTC13 00449
- Natasha and John Owen Thomas with OTC14 00145
- Stewart and Jenny Talbot with TBO14 00442
- Paul Johnson with JTC11 00134
- Natasha and John Owen Thomas with BGS11 00339
- Stewart and Jenny Talbot with BGS11 00313
- Paul Johnson with JTC13 00446
- Paul Johnson with JTC13 00447
- Natasha and John Owen Thomas with AWP13 00106
- Natasha and John Owen Thomas with OTC14 00146
- Stewart and Jenny Talbot with TBO14 00450
- Charles and Rebecca Holtom with HSQ14 00271
Group of Three
- Paul Johnson with JTC11 00134: JTC1300446: JTC13 00448
- Natasha and John Owen Thomas with OTC13 00014: OTC14 00146: AWP13 00106
- Charles and Rebecca Holtom with HSQ13 00236: HSQ13 00238: HSQ13 00245
Champion – Paul Johnson with JTC13 00446
Reserve Champion – Paul Johnson with JTC13 00447